by NorseGamer, HSM Editor-in-Chief
Game Mechanics is the hot new development house that’s just arrived in PlayStation Home, and its President, John Ardussi, wants to meet YOU!
You’ve doubtlessly noticed how much press we’ve given to Game Mechanics this week, including a letter to the community written by John himself. It’s for two reasons: one, he really does have a passion for Home (up to and including scouring the forum and fansites daily for insights on what to create next), and two, he has a long history of creating awesome stuff for Home.
Did you know that during his tenure with Sony VASG, he was the guy who came up with Cutthroats? Did you know he’s worked on the Playground Boombox, the Mansion, the Gold Suit, the Robotic Canine, the Mysterious Doll, the Zombie Deadquarters, the Tropical Escape, and a whole ton of other stuff in Home? It’s safe to say that if you own any Sony-branded active items, mini-games or estates, chances are good that John’s fingerprints are on them somewhere.
Now that he’s gone independent, John’s looking to forge a path as the “Acme Industries” of Home — namely, to carry on the tradition of being a jack-of-all-trades developer and focus more on what people want to buy, rather than what a developer just wants to sell. And this is your opportunity to talk directly to the man himself!
John does have a list of questions he’d like you to consider:
- I like the idea of having furniture that is configurable. My fear is that some people will set up their club, leave, come back to find everything reset, and blow a fuse. Is there something we can do to make sure people know about this so they do not discover it for the first time on their own?
- We have at least one more item in the pipeline that saves its configuration in an apartment, not in a club. Should we make more?
- How do you feel about apartments that come with furniture built in?
- If you had a game for your apartment or clubhouse, how many players would you like to be able to play at once?
- What are the things you want to do in Home, but get stopped by something missing?
Ready to hang out with the man? Here’s the scoop:
WHEN: Friday, November 9th, 8PM Eastern time (for our friends in Europe, that’s 1AM in the UK)
WHERE: The Playground
NAVIGATE TO: “AlphaZone5″ — friend requests will begin to be accepted thirty minutes prior to the event.
We hope to see you there!